Tuesday, September 29, 2009

limnality, schlimnality.

So, while sitting on the nice long bus ride home from the Loire, I was considering what we're doing here: here in Paris, away from our 'normal' lives for a year. And I have been saying this for a while, but it doesn't really seem real yet. Not just yet. I've been thinking back to arriving at Smith freshman year, and it was the same then too. Summer camp, that's where we are. We're living at an extremely chic, expensive, overnight camp...aka Paris...where we haven't done any real work, and where are only real engagements are excursions.

And the only problem with this is, that we don't really have a home yet. Yes, I know, we have living quarters, but it's not the same. It doesn't feel like my space, my city, yet.

However, on this bus ride back, I became overcome with the great joy of coming back to Paris. Though we were just gone for a little more than 30 hours, it felt longer, and I missed Paris, our home. Where I knew places to eat, streets to walk on, and things to look for. So, slowly I'm realizing that Paris is becoming our home. And though it's slow, it's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment