Tuesday, November 3, 2009

musings on the metro system

Yesterday, I saw a spray-painted metro train. The whole thing, spray painted, outside, inside. Whoever did it is my hero. It was on the 6 line. The colors were vibrant, neon. My camera had just ran out of batteries, and I cursed myself. I either felt happy or about to have an epilepsy attack. The mood inside that car was optimistic. Once I got off, however, the rain touched my face again.

Almost every time I get on the 9th, I lose at least 1 euro to an accordion player. They tug at my heartstrings when they play "La Cumparsita" or Piazzolla (which, you know, kuddos for achieving that).

I live far from everything. I must take the metro/rer everywhere. There is only one bus that goes by my house, which takes me to Odeon. The metro is a big part of my parisian life. I have a love/hate relationship with the metro. They should really start running lines over the night, at least on the weekends. The noctilien is really not recommendable. Strange faces live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment